Offshore company incorporation. Offshore companies in Mauritius
Mauritius is a premier international business hub in the Indian Ocean region. Over the past years, Mauritius has proved to become a serious and credible jurisdiction for offshore company formation, offering a combination of quality services, reliability and security to investors through its flexible regulatory framework.
The regulation, incorporation, operation and taxation of International Companies (offshore companies) in Mauritius are governed by the provisions of the International Companies Act of 1994. An International Company as well as shareholders or beneficial owners are treated as "protected persons" under the Act and therefore all information or documents concerning them or their activities are confidential.
The International Company provides for confidentiality and is suited for holding and managing private assets. It is however not allowed to raise capital from the public.
Offshore companies in Mauritius are similar to BVI or Belize IBCs (international business companies) with no taxes on any income generated. They are not allowed to work with Mauritian residents - people or businesses, although they can have bank accounts with banks in Mauritius.
Offshore companies in Mauritius have the following advantages:
- legal tax exemption (GBC 2, which is a local kind of an offshore company, is non-resident for tax purposes);
- neither accounting nor reporting requirements;
- business can be conducted internationally;
- high level of privacy protection (by structuring the shareholding through nominee shareholders and appointing nominee directors);
- offshore company can be incorporated with one director and one shareholder;
- offshore company enjoys limited liability without any paid up capital (no minimum capital required);
- offshore company formation takes 48 hours (corporate documents will be shipped by DHL in seven-ten days).
We can assist with the offshore company formation in Mauritius and offer a number of related services:
- nominee service (to maintain the owners confidentiality during the incorporation);
- virtual office with a prestigious business address in Toronto, Canada or Delaware, USA;
- the offshore bank account either in Mauritius, in Europe or in Caribbean.
- Offshore company formation including all company documents, Registered Office and Agent for one year, Registrar and FSC fees US$ 1 200
- CCompany renewal for the next and every following year US$ 900
- Nominee director services US$ 250 annually
- Nominee shareholder services US$ 350 annually
- Opening of bank accounts in Mauritius (with online banking and a card) US$ 400
- Virtual office in Mauritius (phone, fax & mail forwarding) US$ 450 annually
Offshore companies in Mauritius now have a very attractive law on Mauritius business strengthening Mauritius Investment and Mauritius Finance. Please ask for more details.
Due diligence requirements
Your passport copy will be needed for offshore company formation. A bank in Mauritius (we work with the biggest local banks and Barclays branch) will require a certified passport copy, proof of address and a reference.
How to proceed:
- Please send us a message listing the services you need. We will send you an invoice with bank details. When we receive the fees we will initiate the offshore company formation.
Please ask for more details if you are interested in to establish an offshore company in Mauritius sending
a message to our fax numbers in:
UK: +44 870 421 1387
USA: +1 626 609 3984
To Main Page